Hard drive is a data storage medium that allows us to store large amount of files including documents, audio files, applications, pictures, video files and much more. Data can be stored on a hard drive in an organized manner so that we can manipulate those data quite easily and efficiently. In-built data protection mechanisms present in modern hard drives ensure the safety of data on it. For convenience, we can divide a hard drive into multiple partitions to store different types of files on each partition.
Although there is a number of data protection mechanisms present on hard drives, it is not sufficient to overcome data loss happens due to various reasons. Files stored on a computer hard drive can get deleted or lost due to with or without human knowledge. Many of the people may still think that recovery of data from hard drives is not possible using any data recovery tools. However it is not true. We can restore hard drive data effortlessly, using powerful recovery applications such as Hard Drive Recovery Utility. This software is capable of performing a throughout scan on hard drives to recover files without missing a single one.
Possible Causes of Data Loss from Hard Drives
- Accidental Deletion of Files: We may delete vital data from our hard drives while deleting unwanted files from it. Usually when we delete files, deleted files will be stored on Recycle Bin or Trash folder. But in some situations, deleted files can get bypassed such locations. File deletion using ‘shift + delete’ combination on Windows is an example of this. In order to recover such files, we have to make use of a recovery tool.
- Unintentional Formatting: Suppose we are performing formatting of a wrong hard drive partition, instead of formatting a partition that contains only unwanted data. As a result of this all data stored on that partition will get deleted.
- Sudden Power Surge: Sometimes shutdown of a computer that happens due to a power surge can end up in deletion of hard drive files, if we are manipulating those files via applications present on that computer.
- Third Party Applications: Various third party tools which we are installing for processing data on our computer are capable of deleting crucial files from our computer especially if those third party tools are downloaded from unreliable sources.
We can get back files from a from a computer hard drive using Hard Drive Recovery Utility, as long as the space occupied by those files getting overwritten by new files. This utility can perform restoration of data from different types of hard drive file systems such as FAT32, NTFS5, HFS+, ExFAT, HFS, NTFS and FAT16.
More Features of This tool
- Drive Recovery Utility is capable of retrieving files that are deleted or lost from various hard drive types such as SATA, SCSI and IDE of different manufacturers like Seagate, Toshiba, Samsung, Western Digital, Transcend, etc.
- We can save ‘Recovery Session’ after the completion of hard drive scanning using this software. This session can be loaded later to recover data by avoiding rescanning of the hard drive.
- Files of more than 280 types of file formats can be restored using this software. A few example of such file extensions are DOC, PDF, PPT, MP4, PST, JPG, MP3, PSD, etc.
- Recovered files using this software can be viewed on the basis of file attributes such as file type, file size, file extension and modified date.
- After scanning for the recovery of files, we can preview those files in terms of two different file aspects namely Data View and File Type View.
To know more about this tool visit http://www.harddriverecoveryutility.com