Are you the person who are facing CRC error while access Outlook application? If yes then proceed further. Here in this short article you may find reasons behind CRC error generation and an effective way to resolve such issues. Firstly, we should know about CRC error and why it is generated. CRC error is an error generated when assigned checksum differs from calculated checksum. It is generated whenever the PST file gets infected or corrupted. Several issues may lead to corruption of PST file including unexpected shutdown, network error, Outlook bugs, placing PST file on LAN/WAN network, virus infection and so on. If anyone of them happens then first you should have to go for Scanpst.exe file to fix PST file. If scanpst tool fails to fix such issues then you may try an effective third party tool named Repair PST File. With the help of this tool, you can fix PST files on different versions of Outlook including Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
Some scenarios in more detail that may lead to CRC error:
- Virus infection: Virus infection may lead to generation of CRC error. It takes place when the user goes online or connects an infected drive to system. Both cases may lead to virus attack on system. Once virus attack damages PST file then you can get a CRC error message further while accessing Outlook application.
- Improper Outlook termination: Improper termination of Outlook may result in CRC error. This is because when you terminate an Outlook application then there is a chance of PST file corruption. As soon as it is corrupted then you may get a CRC error while accessing Outlook application next time.
- Placing PST file on LAN/WAN: When you locate PST file to network then there is a chance of alteration of internal file structure of PST file. Once it has happened then you become unable to access Outlook application further or may encounter a CRC error message while accessing Outlook data.
- Oversized PST file: Oversized PST file may lead to inaccessible Outlook application. It is because when you use Outlook application and store large amount of data continuously. Once a stage is reached from where size of PST file exceeds its limited size. As it happens, you become unable to access Outlook further and may face a CRC error while accessing Outlook.
- Improper system shutdown: Improper system turnoff may encounter a CRC error while accessing Outlook application. It is because when you switch off system in such a way then there could be a probability of PST corruption. Once it is corrupted then you may face an error message on screen while accessing Outlook application.
Each scenario may lead to corruption of PST file and further you may encounter a CRC error message while accessing Outlook application. After meeting, such a situation there is no need to make a conclusion that you are incapable to access Outlook data further. Here it is time to make use of the above-illustrated tool by making use of tool you can successfully repair PST after CRC error or can fix corrupted PST file and further you can get relief from CRC error.