Microsoft Outlook is a email client which is used to store data locally in a personal folder. This personal folder is called PST file. This is used because it provides more security to your data. This is a single database to store all data. Therefore, PST file will grow rapidly as you are going to make use of Outlook. The received emails are stored in a PST file along with other data items. However, due to many reasons your emails and other data items from the Outlook may get delete. Therefore you should keep Backup always for restoring your deleted data. If you don’t have backup, then you have to recover PST file in order to get back all Outlook emails and other deleted data items from the Outlook.
You may delete all emails from the Outlook accidentally. The main reason for Outlook data deletion is PST file corruption. The PST file is corrupted due to so many reasons. It may be due to oversized PST file, sharing of PST file over network, Outlook up gradation or header corruption. Thus the Outlook data will be deleted or lost due to many reasons. Let us discuss how these reasons can corrupt the PST file.
- Each Outlook version has its own PST file size limit. For example earlier Outlook 2000 has 2GB PST file size. If you are storing all the data in a single PST file, it grows rapidly. Sometimes it may exceed permissible size limit. If it is happen the PST file may get corrupt. Then you cannot access emails, Contacts and other items from the Outlook.
- Use of reading pane in Microsoft Outlook sometimes creates problems. However the reading pane enables you to view the emails without actually opening them. But sometimes reading pane may crash your PST. Then you cannot access your data from the crashed PST file.
- The PST file mainly contains two parts header part and data part. The header contains the important information of PST file such as file size, signature and compatibility etc. To access the data from the PST file first you have to read the header and verify the required information. If the header gets corrupted, then verification process fails and you will get errors.
- There are some email servers which are not protected properly. These servers may have the viruses. If you access the emails from these servers, sometimes you may receive virus infected mails and due to these mails your PST file may get corrupt.
No matter you lose emails and other items of Outlook they can be recovered using a good PST recovery software. It should be able to recover deleted items Outlook 2010 and also supports Outlook 2000, 2003 and 2007.
Using the PST recovery software you can recover all the data from the corrupted PST file, irrespective of the reasons. This is possible only by using such suitable recovery software. Therefore you can use it to recover deleted emails and other information from the corrupted PST file. The best feature of this software is you can fix corrupt PST and recover all Outlook attributes without wasting more time for it. This is more useful, if you want Outlook data recovery without damaging the original information. This is a fast recovery and read only application. It can repair all outlook mailbox and recover emails within few mouse clicks because it has a strong inbuilt recovery engine. Even you can evaluate Outlook recovery result before purchasing this software, using demo version. You can get trial version freely from the company website.
OST refers to Offline Storage Table that is a database file created by Microsoft Office Outlook. The main use of OST files is storing the offline work and just once the server is connected as well as Microsoft Office Outlook turns online. Each saved email messages and information is distributed to particular client right away. That is to say because of OST files, you can work offline as well as the server is automatically synchronized. Within certain conditions where the network is restricted or unreliable, formation of OST files confirms to be the outstanding process. Formation of OST files, allows the user to work within the server downtime circumstances too. OST file is alike PST file that is used to store Outlook data such as contacts, email messages, calendar appointments, notes, tasks, and RSS feeds etc. However, OST files are much inclined to get corrupt or damage due to various disaster situations causing Outlook data loss. But nothing to worry since you are capable to repair corrupt OST file by taking use of best third party OST file repair software.
The OST files can get corrupt due to various disaster situations such as irregular termination of Outlook application, suddenly switching off the computer without closing the Outlook application, virus or other malicious software, inaccurate deleted OST file recovery, sharing the OST file over a network, and errors encountered during OST file compaction etc. Whatever may be reason for OST file corruption but it will always result in making the Outlook data inaccessible. Some common causes for OST file corruption are briefly described as follows.
- Sharing OST file across a network: While synchronizing the OST file with the server through the network connection, suppose the network interface cards, routers, hubs, cables, and some other devices comprising the network connection contain problems in that case the synchronization process will be terminated. However, in this type of situation there will be chances for the OST file is likely to get corrupt.
- Power Outage: Suppose you are using or synchronizing the OST file and suddenly system gets turned off due to power failure without closing the Outlook application, then this circumstance may leave your OST files corrupted.
- Malware attack onto the computer: Computer viruses will have the ability to infect and damage the system files as well as database files. Suppose your hard drive contains the viruses and you have not installed quality antivirus software in your computer, then the computer viruses will make the OST file contents inaccessible.
Anyhow, you do not need to be concerned with data loss caused due to OST file corruption since it is possible to repair corrupt OST file with the help of good third party OST file repair software. Repair OST is such an efficient third party Outlook recovery tool, which can be used to repair OST as well as PST files. You can even download the trial version of this OST file repair software before going to buy the full version, which lets you to view the recovered files before going to save. After satisfying with the trial version, you can buy the complete version software to recover your lost Outlook data.
Microsoft Outlook locally stores its data such as email messages, calendar, notes, tasks, journals in a Microsoft Personal Folder (.pst). In Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 (XP), PST files are formatted in ANSI (American National Standards Institute) format, and limits the size of Personal Folders .pst files to 2GB. PST files used in Microsoft Outlook 2003 and above versions use the UNICODE format, which has a file size limit that is more than 20 GB.
If any new or altered item increases the size of the PST file over than limit (2 GB), you will not be able to use the .pst file. Even if you delete items from the server mailbox, the .pst file will not synchronize.
Outlook has no built-in way to reduce a PST file that has exceeded the limit. However, Microsoft provides a tool called PST2GB, which you can download to restore the file to operability. But please note, this utility that Outlook provides, truncates the data from between 25 and 50mb and the truncated data is not recoverable. The remaining data under 2GB may be restored.
So it is not helpful to use this utility as you may lose some important Outlook items when it gets truncated. The best pst recovery tool to be used is Remo Outlook Mail Recovery (pst) Software, that can successfully repair 2GB pst. Its intuitive interface guides you all the way through the repair process and restores all the corrupted files from Microsoft Outlook Mails archive file (.pst).
Demo version of the software is available for FREE. Download the demo version first that displays all the folders and the recovered emails inside each folder, which gives you a fair idea about the chances of recovery; however viewing body of each email and recovery of emails is possible with full version only.